Your Opinions on this '67 Lemans

JBJBJB

Hello there. I am seriously considering purchasing this '67 Lemans and I would like to know what you all think. Looks like a decent car and I have scheduled an inspector to give it some serious analysis as I cannot visit it in person. Looks to be mostly original, not sure if it is numbers matching or not but that is not my main concern. Considering what you see and what they list as the specs, is this a good price to pay? Would you offer lower and if so, what would you say is a fair offer? Here is a link to the car: https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/65765147 Thank you for your thoughts.

Classics Fan

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Anacortes, WA
The OHC 6 is kinda cool. Column shift without a factory console are downsides for me. Too bad someone cut the dash for the stereo. That’s almost a deal killer for me. Seems like a nice car from the pics and description. A thorough inspection will tell the rear of the story. I NEVER offer the seller their asking price. Offer a little under what you are willing to pay so you have some room to negotiate. The ad shows the car’s been listed at the same price since May for whatever that’s worth. Good luck!

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Look at this site for a price. Finding engine parts for the 6 cylinder can be a problem.
Note the 2bbl version of the 6 reduces the value.

Last edited:

JBJBJB

Look at this site for a price. Finding engine parts for the 6 cylinder can be a problem.
Note the 1 bbl version of the 6 reduces the value.
Thanks for this info!

Last edited by a moderator:

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
If that is actually a Lemans Sprint with A/C, that is a very rare car, they only offered A/C with the 4bbl OHC-6 in 66 & 67 (it was available with the 1bbl version all 4 years 66-69) Downside of the A/C is access to the Distributor & points. Makes it very difficult to access. And it will have a 3.08 rear gear because of the A/C in place of the standard 3.55. So performance will not be brisk with the 2-speed BOP ST-300 transmission (it does not have a powerglide. most people will call the ST-300 a powerglide. but it is a completely different trans.

But if you are just looking for a nice cruiser, that can be a very nice car. and one very seldom seen anymore. The price isn't bad, and the 1999-2000 S-10 rims need Pontiac center caps on them to look at home on the car.

cammerjeff

Belleville MI
Looking at the pictures a bit closer, I do not think the car is an original 4bbl OHC-6, it does not have the correct emblems on the front fenders for it to be a Sprint, it has the emblems that would have been installed with the 1bbl version of the engine. If that is the case and considering the dented rear bumper I think it is over priced, but still a nice example. It would be a tough resell to get your investment back if that is a concern.