• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

1970 Pontiac Catalina Carburator! Need Advice

Kevlar

... Man these quadrajets carbs are expensive, I found a guy that would give me an exact one brand new for a little over $1,200. ...
Wow that's high!
Whats high?
$1,200 does sound really steep for a carburetor!

Personally, I would have loved to see you do the rebuild yourself. It's great experience and with all the YouTube videos available on how to, it's not that hard. I would have loved to have that resource back when I was rebuilding mine! But I understand, with all the 'little chores' your wife has on your list, you can definitely use the break!

I hope you are extremely pleased with how it runs when you get it back. Let us know!

Big Kat

San Jose Ca
Thanks Kevlar, I am very mechanaically inclined, but you know I was afraid not to be able to tune the inside injectors correctly. I tried finind a brand new one and the cheapest one I found was for a little over 1,200. Not many manufactures have new ones.

Too Fast

Speedway IN
You really don't want a new carb. Best thing is to rebuild the OE. That being said, $1200 is really high, what exactly are you getting done? I have limited experience on Q-jet rebuilds, but had a friend help me thru it and I have about $200 in the carb and rebuild. Works perfectly for my application, but it is not a period correct Q-jet for my '68 Le Mans. It is a 1978 version, with all the (great) updates GM did thru the years like the APT.