2007 Pontiac torrent air in coolant system no heat

puzzled

I have same issues, swapped core last summer, smelled AF once in a while, did the cheat where cut metal lines under dash and spliced with short pieces of hose, no need to pull whole dash that way, just part of console and gas pedal. I could not locate the thermostat housing bleeder, only found the water pump one, swapped water pump at same time and that front engine mount, she was riding low...
Anyhow will look again for bleeder on thermostat housing.. -25F to -40F wind chills for the next week starting today, hope there was trick here to find..
Had same issue, if rev up heat, if idle, she cools down, haven't brought thermal gun out yet, but hand test thought both hoses were close to same temp, hot...
My back certainly hopes there isn't similar issue with bad head gaskets, temp gauge sits just under half, drove for a year now, think would know..
With pandemic, did not get a lot of miles in to know had heat issues until few weeks ago, only drive couple miles every other week for supplies.
you tube has videos on thermostatic housings bleed and waterpump.
i hope not the heads

sobitthen

head gaskets ment
Me too, I posted a link on another post that shows a 3.4 with only 1 vent on pump. And method for using hose over the whole bleeder, when opened, while overflow tank was open and hose higher than tank, start up, let run until hot and all bubbles come out. I only bled until water came out, as he did, and this way he got heat, it bled for couple minutes, bubbling once in a while, then finally stopped. I never did a bleed this way before, will try when warmer out...

puzzled

Me too, I posted a link on another post that shows a 3.4 with only 1 vent on pump. And method for using hose over the whole bleeder, when opened, while overflow tank was open and hose higher than tank, start up, let run until hot and all bubbles come out. I only bled until water came out, as he did, and this way he got heat, it bled for couple minutes, bubbling once in a while, then finally stopped. I never did a bleed this way before, will try when warmer out...
also 3.4 l equinox have same set up to bleed with both bleeds. thermostatic/waterpump
those videos are more explanatory

Cavell

Had my torrent since July,2020. I have intermittant heat now. Comes/goes. 1 heater hose is hot and 1 is cool. I flushed core on my equinox last fall. Helped a lot. I know the process. But how do you do it in mpls with -7high temps? Hmm. I need hose at car in driveway? Dang.

sobitthen

Had my torrent since July,2020. I have intermittant heat now. Comes/goes. 1 heater hose is hot and 1 is cool. I flushed core on my equinox last fall. Helped a lot. I know the process. But how do you do it in mpls with -7high temps? Hmm. I need hose at car in driveway? Dang.
I was considering just swapping the 2 hoses around and pushing it with vehicle fluid.. might buy filter to put inline before core so flush that vs the core.. no clue where coming from, would expect stop leak to have hardened and stuck somewhere in over a year's time. guess it may not stick to plastic tanks well on radiator. See some claim issues stopped after flushing and removing Dexcool from system and using a name brand. Maybe this stuff films up, the expansion tanks always look nasty with Dex vs the Green stuff.

Cavell

Was 40f today. Woohoo. I unhooked heater hoses and blew out 5he lines with compressed air. Lightly. Not 100psi. Poured a little clr in hose and then some hot water and gave it a few shots of air. Drove for about 15 min and vents feel hot. Both hoses feel hot now.

ralexand88

long journey.. in end ..one mechanic said head gaskets were gd..different mechanic.. they were going and erg sensor.valve
expensive lessons.. apparently the previous person put block sealer in to hide problems..
fixed now and all new parts added lol
Im having a hard time following this ---> 'different mechanic.. they were going and erg sensor.valve". Did you replace the head gasket AND erg sensor valve?