1962 Pontiac Tempest Lemans

Carbineone

Well good enough or not it gets painted Cameo tomorrow or Thursday. Will shoot the Doors jambs and underside of trunk. Then spray the rest..Hope it comes out OK..I have only painted 4 Cars before so hoping for the best..None turned out really awful.LOL

Pre paint pic. Either way it will be better than that awful crap that was on it..Have to pull the Bumpers yet today and finish up a couple small items..

Will post a pic after it is painted later this week...Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

Carbineone

Did not go real great. But the paint job looks OK..Just finished wet sanding and buffing today. Do not be too harsh..I am not kidding about this..I am legally blind,LOL

But it shines OK and looks good enough for a driver quality..Do not get much for a 300.00 paint job..So I am happy enough..Looks way better than before..

I even gave the tires a good coat,LOL Did not worry about them.. They are shot completely and will be replaced soon..Maybe the paint will seal them up..Thanks

Attachments

Carbineone

Thanks, yes it will be driven alot in the good weather..Next is tires and finish the exhaust tail pipe out..Then some interior work yet..New trunk and door seals too.

Carbineone

Someone had some shag carpet in the Pontiac that was beautiful..But it had to go I guess. Was not going to spend 150.00 on molded carpet, so went and bought a black loop indoor outdoor piece of carpet for 12 Bucks at Menards... And spent about 5 Hours getting it shaped and glued in..Came out pretty decent..Have to make Door Panels now when I get the money to order the material..

Forgot, bottom pic is the beautiful shag Carpet I removed,LOL I also painted the dash and tops of the Doors.

Attachments

Last edited:

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
The black looks a lot better

Carbineone

Ordered new door and trunk werather seal today..They claim it will fit..Keeping my fingers crossed it will..Will let you know and post a pic if it installs OK..Thanks