Need help with my 2006 Pontiac g5 pursuit!!

sc123

I just scanned my car again after changing the filters and the same 3 codes came up. (P0301, p117, p0446)... I test drive it after changing them and I noticed a lot more power, and only wanting hesitate about once . When I scanned it, I noticed two symbols blinking red: O2S, and CAT. Is that o2 sensor and catalytic converter? To me it wouldn’t be the o2 sensor because I have ran on the same tank for 2 weeks. No change in fuel mileage. I did get new fuel injectors and a fuel pump but I’m scared if I do all this work it’s not going to fix the problem. Could the p0446 code be cause by a bad vent solenoid?

Last edited:

sc123

So I replaced all 4 fuel injectors. Check engine light went out right away. I scanned to make sure they the codes gone, I still have the p0446 (evap). I’ve changed my gas cap... what do you think this could be? I’ve check all the hoses no sign of leaks and I can’t hear a sound of a leak either.

sc123

So the p1174 code came back. I suspect that it is not fuel injectors because I just changed them this summer. I also suspect that it’s not air filters because I also just did those this summer. If it was an O2 sensor would it not throw O2 sensor codes?

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Read through this link.
Did you ever do a fuel pressure test including watching for a quick pressure drop after turning off the engine?