Safari wagon

Here you can see my rust issues.... since I took out the seats and carpet.......

Attachments

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
that is quite a project you are working on, lots of luck. In the end it should be one of the few still around.

Good morning
As you can see in my pictures I got the tailgate open ........ And just as I thought... I need another one..... only thing worth saving is the outer skin and the glass..... everything else is rotted......(not sure if it can be saved....)
Does anyone know if the 1960 Chevy wagon manuel tailgate guts are same as Pontiac...??
The two Pontiac gates I found are just shells..... one is power and the other is manuel..... and very pricey...... so in search for a tailgate..... with all the guts..... Wait any one know where I can get tailgate parts......( regulator....inner tracks.....etc. ...?)
Thank you

Both Pontiacs have a 389.....
And both locked up...... the wagon is locked up and I don’t know anything about it........ the Ventura turned free about 6 months ago and now it will not turn.....
What can I do to free them up and see if they run.....??

Hi everyone..... as I said I have two 389’s that I have to free up...... then the better of the two will be rebuilt.....and put in the wagon.....
Would like some input on complete rebuilding kit and goodies ..... every thing for a Pontiac is expensive......wanna kinda keep a budget...... not sure if I’ll go with aluminum heads because of the price....
Well here’s my list.....

Rebuild kit
Aluminum heads
Aluminum intake
Mild cam
Gear drive ( I like/want the noise )
Roller rockers
HEI distributor
New timing cover (11 bolt)
New water pump
New oil pan
Headers
Bolt kit
Pulley kit
New Carburetor
New fuel pump

That’s my wish list...... so everyone go ahead and pick at it........ what’s missing....or what’s to much..or what’s not needed.......
389 will be in the wagon.....
Plan on it being a daily driver..... but would like to do a burnout when I want to without hurting any thing....
Thank you in advance......

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
I would remove the gear drive and roller rockers and substitute roller tipped rockers. Remove the spark plugs squirt oil into cylinders wait a few days squirt more oil in and try to turn crankshaft bolt.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.