1964 Catalina Restoration

redvettemike

Madison, Ms
1967. I had one back in '69-'71. I bought this one 4-5 years ago. It's just like the original All power and air. I'm putting Vintage A/C in it however as those systems work good. You can leave the old a/c stuff under the hood and most folks will never know.

redvettemike

Madison, Ms
Bad news here folks. We accidently cranked Catalina in gear and it ran forward glancing off the 2 post lift and then hitting the wall of the shop (ruining a bead blaster and parts washer). We are blessed that someone was not killed (and one of my mechanical guys did hurt his hand; he may have torn a tendon in his hand).
We are going to need a left front door for this 4 door hardtop. I doubt if skins are made for this low volume car? If anyone knows where we could come up with a door we would be appreciative.

Attachments

redvettemike

Madison, Ms
Shifter on column not hooked up yet. They took it out of gear (Park) at the trans to move it (push it as they were filling up trans) and they thought it was in neutral. It was not and was in drive and took off when they hit the starter button they were using. Marvin here had to have 48 stitches in his hand. We are blessed that someone is not dead.

redvettemike

Madison, Ms
Do any of you folks know what years were the same for these big Pontiacs? That is, were the doors on a '64 Catalina the same for '63 and '65. And would a Bonneville door be the same as a Catalina for the years that work?
Tks

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.