2007 GT Conv Steering hose issue

mmi

pm sent with info

mmi,
I would like to apologize for your frustrations and any inconveniences that this has caused you. I will be happy to look into this for you. I will need you to send me a PM with your contact information; including your name, phone number, address as well as your VIN number. I look forward to hearing back from you.
Thank you,
Stacy Pontiac Customer Service
pm sent with info. i have started a case with gm so any help you can add with this issue would be great.

mmi

GM may help moss bro just looking to rip me off

I spoke with GM they said to have the dealer look at it so we set up the appointment where we bought the car Moss brothers.Today we had the car dropped off at Moss Brothers in Moreno Valley CA. I showed the service writer ( Bill )where the tech needs to look and gave him detail of the issue with the power steering line right against the pre cat damaging the heat wrap and the rubber hose. After 3 1/2 hours of waiting for a call from moss brothers I was wondering what could be taking so long? I show them where to look.(Bill picked up the phone and said hey Mr we found a leak but not in the spot you said it was in that wasn't even touching their. We can give you a 10 % discount and replace the hose for only 800.00 :eek:. My reply was WHAT?? I put the car on jacks and took photos of the hose before bring the car to you. OOOHHH said Bill. I said this is bull, Am on my way with the photos now keep the car on the lift! The Service Manger calls me less then 5 mins later and says, Hey Mr sorry about that i check the car out my self just now and your right there's a leak right where the hose is touching against pre cat exhaust. We will make sure you get 50% off the repair so you only need to pay 400.00 now. You all can guess what i was thinking after they just lied to me. Moss Brothers is try scam me into paying them to repair a safety defect on the car they sold me.

carnut122

We went to pick up the car today and expected some version of "this wasn't our fault, that will be $320.00 please." But, true to their word, the local dealer with the zone rep's backing fixed the hose at no cost to us. We currently have four GM products in our "household" and three are daily drivers. I appreciate GM stepping up to the plate and fixing an issue that should not have gotten out of the factory and also (apparently) past the dealer. It's nice to know they made an effort to keep us as future customers. And, yes the new repair has an additional layer of "thermal barrier" and the hoses are now tie-wrapped away from the catalytic converter.

Upon further inspection, the new hose does NOT have an extra layer of insulation. But, it is zip-tied on the passenger side away from the exhaust with two zip ties. I added two more on the driver's side for extra peace of mind. I'll be making inspections every time I lift the hood and during every oil change to make sure that all is well.

mmi

G6 owners we need to file complaints. same screw up!!

General Motors has announced that it is recalling certain Model Year 2012 Chevrolet Impalas for improper routing of the vehicle's upper power steering hose, which could lead to melting of the hose due to its close proximity to the catalytic converter. The safety concern is that the melted hose may drip power steering fluid onto the vehicle's catalytic converter, resulting in a blaze.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says that 10,344 Model Year 2012 Chevy Impalas manufactured between April 19, 2011 and July 29, 2011 could potentially be affected by this recall. GM dealers will inspect vehicles to ensure the upper power steering hose is routed correctly and make any repairs or alterations free of charge.

Click past the jump for a look at the NHTSA recall notice. Owners may contact NHTSA or General Motors for more information.

mmi

Gm sucks

GM SUCKS GM wouldn't step up. They left me holding a bag of SH*T and the dealer with there hand out. dealer wanted 800.00 Plus i repair it my self and better ( away from the Exhaust ) GM can suck my left one. Next car wont be GM. HEY GM get you crap together because you cab bet your A** we tax payer wont Bail you out ever again !

G

G-291241

So what's the verdict, is there an official recall for this? My local GM dealer wants to charge me $1500 to replace the two PS hoses and still won't guarantee it won't get burned through again.