Moving to P.R.

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Good to hear it's still on the road and your working again. I have a friend who is a commercial union electrician and he seems to get laid off periodically with the building cycles. Says if he had to do it all over again would have picked something else.

92 Sunbird LE

4 month update:

Replaced the quarter window from the junk Z24 that sits at back of the mechanic shop that was flooded during Maria. A little struggle to get out, but wasn't too bad.

Got some replacement trunk tension rods from a fellow member at the JBody forum site. Took a day of struggling to figure how to install them, a little thicker than my originals since the came off a car with a spoiler, (Z24)

Had to finally replace the fuel pump , ( original AC ) went to start it on a Monday after driving it on Sunday, and it was not working. Got a Delphi pump and filter at AutoZone and fixed on Saturday. Changed the oil and filter too since it was due .

Touching up the black paint lately,have to paint the red on the drivers side faded pretty bad and I had repaired the bottom of the door and front fender because of rusting out.

Passed emissions in December easily, registration good for another year.

Still have to patch up the floorboards, waiting for a good cool day to do it.

148k miles and still running like a top , all good except for having to change the fuel pump.

That's all for now, till the next update.;)

Doug in P.R.:cool:

Last edited:

melsg5

Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
How things going down there? Would you say back to almost normal or are some services still not available?

92 Sunbird LE

Almost normal Mel , no cable based internet or TV or phone for 2 more years.

Traffic lights in town still not working, they replaced the ones near the highway entrance but they are just flashing, the other one by the center of town aren't working at all and a couple of them are missing as well.

Other than that, a few houses still have blue tarps on them.

Doug in P.R. :)

92 Sunbird LE

Feb-March 2019 Update:

Not much to report in Feb other than my rearview mirror fell off and broke the glass, had a old one, so on it went with Loctite this time on the set screw.

Started the floor repair today, { see pics below) Got the interior out with no problem. Tomorrow metal repair, had to use a propane torch to remove the tar sound deadender to get to good metal.
Found the Build sheet , car was built in Lordstown, shipped to NJ ,and brought to dealer here in Bayamon. ( pics below)

Will post when more progress is made. ( on vacation this week}

Doug in P.R.🆒

Attachments

Last edited:

92 Sunbird LE

Floors are done ! ( Topside at least ) Ran out of welding wire twice, 2 trips to Home Depot ,no fun the first trip ( rush hour ) 2nd time earlier and much faster !

Primed and seam sealed, (functional but not pretty ) interior all back in, washed the carpet, put sheets over the rear torn seat back, and the drivers upper one that had a shirt over it.

Rewrapped the wiring that runs on the floor, hooked up the used mirror's map lights, and repaired the fuel line I cut with the wheel of death ( my wife calls it that --- disaster avoided--Irish luck )

I forgot all the fuel and brake lines run under the floor next to the rocker on the drivers side, had a new cutoff wheel on, cut too deep.

Pics below, just have see whats up with the front motor mount again, maybe 3rd time to replace it............thats all for now.....

Doug in P.R.:cool:

Attachments

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.