• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1995 Trans Am" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1995 Trans Am" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Moving to P.R.

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Fixed the rattling exhaust pipe and ran out of gas for the first time in the "Bird this week. ( guage said 1/16th tank, car said no way):(

Also the drivers side window fell of the track this week also, needed the guide clips on both ends, spent 6 hours trying to "Mickey Mouse " it since none available here on the island. Tried to silicone the broken ones back on ( didnt work) then took one off from the other side window, ( worked a couple of times) then put the passenger window back together since the front clip was broken on that window also. So back to only one window working till the clips come in the mail.:(

Thats all for now.................;)

Doug in P.R.:cool:

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Got the parts I needed to fix the windows on the same day ( today) and installed them right away since the windows have been rolled up all week. Been raining alot lately, using the vent- fan to try to stay cool in the meantime.

The front set were from Florida, the back 3 were from NJ ( which were mailed Thursday but came in the PO today) and I made it just in time just before noon when they were closing the counter.:D ( reused the only good clip out of the 6 )

Installed on both sides in less than an hour and a half. good for another 20 years I guess.......................:rolleyes:

Had to clean up the relays on the passenger side, grease from the factory had turned into tar just about ,( fan one wasn't making a good connection) used some spray oil to clean them up.

Pics of the clips are in my album....( cant post them here for some reason)

Last edited:

Evilcowboy420

Dang Doug seems your having stuff break as often as me lol.

Glad you got your windows working again. I had a grand am the same thing happened to the windows. It was so bad I jammed a screwdriver through the door panel on that car to hold the window up from underneath. Otherwise it would go all crooked and fall.

I was also out driving today. Just picked up some stuff when I heard a god awful rattle/clunk/whir It really was a mess of a sound can really describe it. Anyway the serpentine belt snapped and wrapped itself around the crank pulley and jammed it up which in turn of course snapped the timing belt in half.

Had to get towed home and still gotta cut the belt off so I can take it in since it had a 1 year warranty on it but I have to buy the timing belt again. Thank god I keep my receipts so the drive belt won't cost me anything but a walk to the store.

Yep will be buying an extra timing belt again so if it happens again I can change it on the side of the road. It really only takes me 30 min to get it done now since I've removed it so many times.

Thank god for non-interference engines.

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Dang Doug seems your having stuff break as often as me lol.

Thank god for non-interference engines.
She still runnin great ( did a burnout today for the coworkers LOL)

Sorry to hear that happen to you, ( what brand of Serpentine belt was it?)

Gates are the best - Goodyear are the worse IMO

Remember me talking about my wife's cousins 87 Nissan Sentra in an earlier post?

Well the TB broke in his last week and he looking at about $500 in parts alone to fix his (interference engine) Bent the valves...........:p

Glad to have you back......Doug in P.R.:cool:

Evilcowboy420

She still runnin great ( did a burnout today for the coworkers LOL)

Sorry to hear that happen to you, ( what brand of Serpentine belt was it?)

Gates are the best - Goodyear are the worse IMO

Remember me talking about my wife's cousins 87 Nissan Sentra in an earlier post?

Well the TB broke in his last week and he looking at about $500 in parts alone to fix his (interference engine) Bent the valves...........:p

Glad to have you back......Doug in P.R.:cool:
Nice burnouts = good fun lol.

The brand was Dayco but did have a 1 year warranty so got that one today. And autozone is gonna comp the timing belt since it's been less than a year.

So I get new belts. The bad news is it's gonna take me around an hour to get them on lol. I pulled the crank pulley today and I'm gonna wire wheel it.

The belt grabbed the little timing thingy and bent it so thats no good anymore. Gonna need to get a new one so I can adjust ignition timing or try to bend it back.

So while I'm at it I will probably be wire wheeling quite a few parts to bring back the shine on em and make em look good.

Thanks glad to be back I still keep getting caught up in GTA V lol

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Welcome Back also TM,

Not much to report on the old "Bird other than had to refix the new drivers window long front clip as the top of it got bunched up in the metal channel and that ment epoxing it back on. I just roughed up the glass with sandpaper and used what was left of my slow setting epoxy. Had to wait a couple of hours to put the window back in but got it in just before the rain started.I guess this happens with new clips some of the time.

Took the "Bird on a long drive to Ponce to Home Depot last Saturday, no problems at all.:D

Car is now full of mud since it is supper muddy on the farm and its been raining here for 5 days straight. We might make it to only 5 days since it hasn't rained yet today..........................;)

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Not stalling that much to talk about , I think the last time it did it was last Saturday when I got home from the long trip and was parking the car and I gave a shot on the gas pedal and it stalled .

The trans was sort of on the newer side so I didnt even pull the side cover to check it when I swapped it in, in May. It ( convertor ) seems to be locking and unlocking fine when you accelerate and let off the gas or hit the brake. I have a spare Delco one that came with the car when I bought ,it just in case.

Make that 9 days straight of rain..:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Been dry for a week or so with only a few sprinkles and the farm parking lot finally dried up enough so I finally washed the "bird last week. They will be leveling it and laying down a clay/gravel mix to rid it of the giant mud holes. The Bird has only been one of the few " brave" cars to go in the lot every day .

Been running great with no issues.................:D

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Not much new to report on the old "Bird , registration is due the end of December, so a emission test needs to be done before then. ( probally next weekend)

Giving it a bath tomorrow since we will have a couple of dry days till late midweek. It basicly rained every afternoon 2 weeks ago for 7 days. ( San Juan had like over 5 inches total rain in 3 days that week)

The farm never leveled out the parking lot like I posted in the previous post ( or brought rock either) So it took a whole week for it to dry out as usual.:mad: When that happens, its no use to wash the "Bird.

The old "Bird just keeps trucking along..........Doug in P.R.:cool:

Evilcowboy420

glad to hear your bird is still going strong. Yep my inspection just got done in Nov cost me 10 bucks.

The guys at goodyear told me "It would have passed even if it needed an emissions test since everything on it is new" lol. Emissions is exempt here in a car as old as mine.

My reg is due in Jan I am still wondering how much they intend to bleed from me. They will probably make a new tax here in NY to get more money. I can hear it now "sir, you owe us 100 more dollars for the new your car is blue tax recently passed for all vehicles made between the years 1988 and 1988 and is manufactured by GM with the pontiac brand and is the predecessor to the sunfire and is blue. you car meets those requirements" :p I swear they single people out there money grubby sacks.

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Seems to running clean out the tailpipe even with the hollowed out convertor,

I'll see what happens , might have to try the "Arizona denatured alcohol trick" .:D

Only $11 here once a year. ( emissions only) Should be equipment too seeing the junk on the road here, everyone's poor, so it makes no sense.......

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Passed today !:D With no convertor ! :) Standing idle test only here, the wife was with me and was amazed herself.......( car is in her name)

This car runs clean! 134K miles on it.

HC ppm: 1st read - allowed 400 - read 79

2nd read - allowed 350 - read 97

CO% : 1st read - allowed 2.5 - read 0.72

2nd read - allowed 2.0 - read 0.85

Freaking Amazing ! :D

92 Sunbird LE

Salinas, Puerto Rico
Been a while since I posted here, nothing new to report other than a sticky left rear brake, looks like a good cleaning and a hardware kit is due. Wheel cylinder is leaking a tad, but not gushing out yet. Will replace it anyways.

The emergency brake cable was disconnected on that side when we bought the car, I reconnected it and it has been fine , but now the adjuster seems to adjust too much when backing up sometimes.Today it was fine so it comes and goes.

Car has been running great with awesome gas mileage as usual. Window washer was clogged last week , I just blew some air in the hoses to clear them up.( tank and spray nozzle)